Aliquam Creative Forums
[Assistant] Staff Application 2019 - Printable Version

+- Aliquam Creative Forums (https://forum.aliquam.studio)
+-- Forum: Administration (https://forum.aliquam.studio/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Applications (https://forum.aliquam.studio/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: Approved (https://forum.aliquam.studio/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: [Assistant] Staff Application 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=779)

[Assistant] Staff Application 2019 - KingBelenus - 22 Sep 2019

• Nickname: AutumnHorror
  • Why you should be in our staff: I feel like I would make an excellent addition to the staff team, because I love helping other people out whenever they have questions or if they need help using any of the tools that the server provides. I want to be able to contribute to the players more than I am able to right now, because I feel as a staff member you need to have a good sense of balance of knowing when someone needs help or not. And that being a staff member, your ability to assist others in a timely fashion is crucial not just on a Minecraft server but in other work environments as well. Especially when working in customer service. Hence why I feel like being staff on this server, given how fast it is growing, I would be able to learn to communicate more efficiently than I have been previously between the players and other members of staff as needed.
  • Experience if any: I used to be a staff member on a server that, unfortunately, no longer exists (closed as of 2015). However, I also have a little bit of real life experiences working with customers and dealing with any issues that would occur. My job was to make sure if there were any customer complaints, there would be a lot of reassurance that their issues were being taken care of, but without hovering over them about it. My main responsibilities involved assisting customers in choosing what they wanted to purchase, and if they asked any questions I would answer them to the best of my abilities. And if there were any questions I couldn't answer right away, I would either look for a solution myself or reassure them that somebody else that knows more will help them.
  • Are you in another servers' staff, if so where: No, I am not a staff member anywhere else.
  • What timezone are you living in: EST
  • How much time can you spend daily on watching over the server: I could probably spend up to about, four or five hours on the server daily, depending on the day it is. Monday-Wednesday I could spend four or five. Most likely more, as those days are pretty much empty and not much is going on. Thursdays possibly less, as I tend to have important appointments I need to attend on that day. Friday-Sunday will definitely be more than four or five hours, as I rarely have anything planned and I spend most of my time on the server anyway, so there would be no issues if I needed to be online for much longer.
  • Somebody's overusing capslock on the chat - what do you do: Firstly, I would approach the player about overusing capslock. I would remind them to read the /rules, and that if they continue to abuse capslock they will be issued another warning, and then eventually a temporary mute. But if they continue to abuse capslock, they will be issued another warning until they would have to, unfortunately, be permanently muted as they failed to follow the rules as they are written out, and failed to follow the staff's warnings that were appropriately given out when needed.
  • Somebody's begging for rankup - what do you do: If someone is begging for a rankup, I would inform them of the proper way to apply for a rankup by going into /help and selecting "How to get building ranks" and following the proper steps within that section of the /help option of the server. If they ignore my assistance in helping them to apply for rankup properly, I will issue a warning. If they continue, they will be given a temporary mute as they failed to follow the proper steps for a rankup. After the temporary mute is up, and they do not stop, they will be given a permanent mute.
  • Something about yourself, it doesn't have to be long: I love helping others, regardless of whether it's on a video game or in real life. I found myself enjoying the satisfaction I get from seeing them happy they had a lending hand help them achieve their goals, in whatever that may be. Which lead me to wanting to pursue a career that allows me to help people in more ways than I am able to right now. Because I feel like I'm much more limited with the tools I have now, whereas if I entered the right career, I could be more successful at helping others.
  • Additional: If I need to be away from my computer for a long period of time, I will absolutely inform the staff members just to let them know I didn't fall off the face of the earth. As I sometimes have long vacations that come up during the summer months, which means I would be away from my computer for no longer than a week at most. But if I need to be away for longer, I will not hesitate to inform staff members.

RE: [Assistant] Staff Application 2019 - Feriach - 03 Oct 2019

With the majority of the staff votes you've been approved for recruitment! Congratulations! We will contact you regarding the next step of recruitment.