• Welcome to Aliquam!
  • Recruitment is currently opened!
  • You can apply down below, in the "Applications" board.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: [Suggestion] New Chat
Thread Modes
Hello Staff, I have a suggestion for adding a new chat for the server. That is for 'mature players'. I know there is one only for Polish speakers, English and Builders. I don't think one more could hurt.

Recently, a user in the server brought up a topic about WW3 and apparently its against the rules because it brings up politics and religious arguments which I absolutely agree with. I know this sever is child friendly but I've meet quite a few people that are over 17 on this server. Once in a while I know some of us wants to talk about something that isn't child appropriate like war, some violence we saw or just adult stuff, so I was thinking about creating a chat just for those people. I don't know if you could make a password for it or something but right now at this time of the night it sounds like a good idea to me.

Hrsult (if that's how you spell it) liked the idea also and he's 20 I think.

I know we can talk in private messages or just make the chat local, but I know some of us want to work on our OWN builds and talk  at the same time especially since its more than 2 of us.

One of the mods suggested to just get Skype or TS and talk on there but the thing is that it is not everyone are willing to give out their Skype Username or talk on TeamSpeak especially when its late in the evening. If we make a Skype group its only for those that we really are friends with, also that means we have to switch back and forth with the windows.

I know most servers just say 'no' to suggestions but I am willing to give it a try at 8:49pm.

Thank you for your time Smile

~Your "Coffee Addict" Umka450~

Hello,

Your suggestion sounds good... as long as you're not considering how much work it will take for the whole staff.

Firstly, creating an additional chat channel isn't a problem, but moderating it is a different case. It would be third channel with different rules than the PL/EN one since BC has different rules all along. Our staff is too small to give them another big task of moderating the whole new chat channel. Self-moderation is out of question since there are some topics we definitely don't want anywhere on our server as fascism or communism.

Secondly, we can't just verify who's mature enough to even join this channel which may result in misunderstandings (like younger players joining the mature channel, being offended and leaving the server). If you have any ideas on this (asides of manually veryfing the players) we'll love to hear them.

Thirdly, one more will actually hurt by expanding the /who list even more, not mentioning our chat expansion plans for the future.

We *may* be able to change the private channels a bit to allow players to group even when they are on multiple plots but we can't promise anything as we're currently working on multiple new features that will be available in forseekable future.

Cheers,
jeikobu__
Technical and Staff Management Admin

I thought about having that channel just for having a more of a mature talk that some younger players wouldn't want to hear, but you said you might "may* be able to change the private channels a bit to allow players to group even when they are on multiple plots" and I like that idea a lot more.

I completely support this idea! One thing that could be done is have it where people can talk in mature chat but also see the other global chat, like how some plugins have a party chat but allow you to see what talks are going on in the global chat. 

Maybe some ways to circumvent this problem with more load on staff is introducing chatmods? Have it where older, trusted players that go though an extensive application. These chatmods would only apply to the chats that they are in?

I'm also curious, would it be okay to talk about fascism and communism if people are trying to get more help on some topics in school that they quite don't understand. With the /list who I'm not sure how it was coded/made but there may be a way to show a player in two chats, if they are listening to two chat? 

Just some ideas ^-^

I agree with what you say Clerisa, but that's essentially what Assistants are for. Since we don't do plot reviews, our main tasks are for helping out new players, therefor mainly focusing on what is happening in the chat. The only problem is that younger players can join the "mature" chat and not know what they are getting into, and as Jeik said with new chat comes new rules.

What we currently have is a chat merging system. Say two plots have private chat turned on, we could merge our two private chats into one big chat Smile

This solution I feel is the best solution, because staff members don't have to focus on moderating four chats, but you can still talk about more topics on private chat.

Hope this helps :3

Would there even be any rules (swearing and stuff)? Because then you know that no kids would be in the chat. It would be adult - only.

(30 Mar 2016, 10:46 PM)MonkeyEngland Wrote: Would there even be any rules (swearing and stuff)? Because then you know that no kids would be in the chat. It would be adult - only.

Sorry, the suggestion made a while ago and it will not happen.

(31 Mar 2016, 06:41 AM)Umka450 Wrote:
(30 Mar 2016, 10:46 PM)MonkeyEngland Wrote: Would there even be any rules (swearing and stuff)? Because then you know that no kids would be in the chat. It would be adult - only.

Sorry, the suggestion made a while ago and it will not happen.

Tongue I only just read the rules of the forums Sorry