• Welcome to Aliquam!
  • Recruitment is currently opened!
  • You can apply down below, in the "Applications" board.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: [Suggestion] Idea for the server.
Thread Modes
Hello! 

This post is about a idea that went throught my mind and I wanted to share it to see what you guys think, hopefully you guys like it, I think it will do good in a certain way [Pd: My first post, better make it good]

SO, my idea is to add a new chat channel for the hispanic community, a SP chat, you probs are saying, but I haven't seen spanish on the server.. Yeah, because if you talk any other language than EN in the EN chat you get warnings and etc. Same in the PL chat.

I say spanish since is one of the most speaked languages and I know for sure people will aprecciate it. And you people can't say "oh no one will join it" Because the PL chat is empty almost all the time also, and Im sure some spanish people will join! Me and some friends would for sure.

It would just be translate [Good, not Google Translate e.e] The rules and etc to Spanish, which I know some people could help [I could for example since Im a native speaker, but I know other people would also] And will make the server better in my opinion <3

HOPE you guys like me idea, please reply if you think it's either a good, bad or kind of good idea, all criticism and additional things are appreciated. Thanks~~

-Educov
Special Dude
Minecraft... Server.

I asked for something like that before, but you need to have a moderator to watch that chat. So the admins came up with a way to merge them.

You can check this forum out, it has all of the commands, what you pretty much have to do is place your plot in a private chat and invite people through /mc merge -username-. Not all of the players have to be on the same plot.

http://forums.aliquam.org/showthread.php?tid=126

We are, and probably will decline any national chat suggestions. Here's why.

a) We need native speakers to monitor those chats. It would be really nice to have national chats, but currently Polish chat is the only national chat because we're based there, and most of the original staff (including all three admins) are from Poland, so there are native speakers to monitor it. What's more, even if we find somebody who speaks Spanish natively, we can't monitor their work or check reports written in Spanish.

b) We need native speakers to translate the whole server to Spanish. Adding multi-language features to our plugins is another thing; it would take enormous amounts of time to do so. Just translating /help would be a big deal, not mentioning language detection and locale for plugins. For now, it would take as long as 6-8 months to write full multi-language support for our custom plugins.

Even if we decide not to translate them (status quo: Polish chat has only Polish rules and help, nothing more) it will take much more time than anticipated to translate just the help and rules.

Please remember that even if we find Spanish translators, we can't do any quality checks on their work.

c) We need to have much more players who are native Spanish speakers than we have now to begin the work. As I said the amount of work we have to do is enormous, so to make our efforts viable, there has to be a demand for that.

Summarising, making a national chat channel isn't something we can do overnight. It's something that takes so much work that we've decided to not to do that.