• Welcome to Aliquam!
  • Recruitment is currently opened!
  • You can apply down below, in the "Applications" board.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Application for JrMod
Thread Modes
  • Nickname: Kaapo
  • Why you should be in our staff: Any Minecraft server I play on for a longer period of time generally gets my full dedication, as I don't do other servers or games on the side and always have a massive construction project to sink time into. Thus it seems natural I've ended up helping out many of these servers; sometimes as in-game staff, sometimes doing odd jobs and keeping the community together. In Aliquam's case, I've quickly come to realize the server matches my wishes and expectations for a creative server likely better than anything I'll ever find in the Minecraft server community again, and considering the server's scale it's probable I'd be of most use for keeping things going as a moderator. I'm quite calm, collected and patient, so I ought to be able to help people and keep the peace just fine; and I'm definitely qualified to rate and provide advice on low-ranked builds.
  • Experience, if any: Most notably, I played on a creative server the same size of Aliquam called World of Espia a few years ago, reaching de facto moderator status for a long time and briefly being appointed curator (admin of a server world and global moderator, that place didn't have it's own world for everyone) before the server dissolved due to the owner's inactivity and other staff members' personal quarrels. Other than that I've worked as an admin on a small vanilla survival server, a moderator on another survival server, a forum moderator on a fairly large creative server and a recruiter on several small survival servers. Espia is the only one I remember by name, as I spent more than a year there and it's where I developed the origins of my current building style.
  • Are you in other servers' staff; if so, where: Currently, I don't even play on any other Minecraft servers, and don't plan to as long as I'm on Aliquam either.
  • What timezone are you living in: GMT+2 (Finland)
  • How much time can you spend daily on watching the server: Generally, upwards from 2-3 hours; however I have to admit my video game schedule is rather sporadic, so I might be playing for 12 hours on one day and none at all on another. I wager that happens quite rarely, though.
  • Somebody's overusing capslock in the chat - what do you do: Depends on the severity. If the infringement is something you'd usually get away with on similar servers and it's not common behaviour from the player in question, I'd ask them to stop, referring to the rules and issuing warnings if the player continues the same way; otherwise, it's a direct warning and then I'll ask them to stop.
  • Somebody's begging for rankup - what do you do: Assuming the player isn't currently breaking any other rules, I'd advise them about the correct way to go about asking for a rank (building something and /request rank), and if they persist without listening it'll be warnings.
  • Something about yourself, it doesn't have to be long: I'm a 23-year-old student, freelance-translator and aspiring novelist. I speak Finnish and German natively, English on a practically native level, somewhat fluent Swedish and Norwegian and a bit of French. I'm looking to start up a Youtube gaming channel focused around creative Minecraft and showcasing various other games. 
  • Additional: I feel like that about covered everything, honestly. Looking forward to your response  Smile

By the decision of the Administration Board you've been selected to be a new Junior Moderator! Congratulations!