• Welcome to Aliquam!
  • Recruitment is currently opened!
  • You can apply down below, in the "Applications" board.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Title: [Suggestion] Hey, this might work.
Thread Modes
Lightbulb 
Hello, reader!

Every once in a while, those who have many members in their worlds, find out there's a missing block or something has been modified in their worlds at the end of the day or the next morning. That's most likely because one of their world members accidentally (or purposely) did so. So here's my idea:

We could have a certain setting in /world settings where users that are added to your world can only modify (place/destroy) the blocks they place. I believe this could be hard to implement to the server, though I believe this could be very useful for builders that want to add members to their worlds when the builders want a member to help build something without touching the builders' builds. Ermm, sorry.

Of course, this won't stop grief, but it will reduce it. Now, I'll talk about problems that there could be and how I believe can be worked out:

1. "What if these certain members place lava, TNT, or any destructive item in my world?" There could be an option to allow/deny any placement or ignition of these items or blocks.
2. "Why can't you just only add those who you really trust instead of having to make this for those who you DON'T trust?" There are times when you need someone, anyone, to come to your world to do something. You might not know them long enough to let them be close to your beautiful builds while you're gone. So this can be a good choice.
3. "What about VoxelSniper and WorldEdit?" They can modify anything they've placed with these tools, but can't change/remove the blocks that weren't placed by them.
4. "This sounds complicated, is there any way the amount of work required to implement this to the Aliquam server can be reduced?" It doesn't have to be specific players. It can be applied to all the players in your world general. If there's 'member', 'guest', 'mod', there could also be, 'guest+' or something like that. So guest+ members at your world can only modify what they place.

Of course, this could take days to weeks to months or more, but hopefully, if this is accepted, it'll be worth it! Also, I have no idea if this is already a thing in the server as I'm still considered a new member, but hey, I loved typing all of this. Big Grin

Thank you and bye!

It'd be very hard to implement and could take a long time to do, but I think it'd be worth it. I'm all for this idea ^w^