• Welcome to Aliquam!
  • Recruitment is currently opened!
  • You can apply down below, in the "Applications" board.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: [EN] Arcodes application
Thread Modes
Nickname: Arcodes

Why you should be in our staff: I'm an active player in the GMT+2 timezone, usually 2-4 hours a day, with a lot of experience (look at experience section for more info on this) who enjoys dedicating his time to the moderation and maintenance of servers. I myself have had multiple servers on which I mostly received postive feedback resulting in me being really fond of the entire 'server experience'. Asides from all that my age (18 years old) has granted me sufficient life experience to deal with a grand assortment of situations. If needed I could help out with some server side stuff concerning permissions, and minor plugin issues (I can do some things with plugins, but I don't consider myself a developer whatsoever haha!)

Experience if any: Oh I've had a lot of experience  throughout the years so I'll just put up the most noteworthy servers. 
Gamesketch: One of the first servers around on minecraft really, it had a 60-70 players on all the time (which at the time was amazing). I've been a Server Admin (SA; highest rank possible) on this server for about 2 years untill we shut down to move on to a Gmod server. I've learnt a lot on this server, I'd say about 75% of what I know today concerning servers was due to this server.
ParadoxPrison: A server I hosted for about 6 months, had like 10-15 people on at all time. Here is were I learnt all the plugin/permission stuff.
VectorSector: Owned by a youtuber and friend of mine Sigils, we worked on this server for quite a while (My job was mainly permission stuff and helping people around), our head coder (gyroninja) and sigils moved on to go and work for the mindcrack server resulting in a shutdown of the server (they were paying for it, so yeah)    
Many more, if needed I can provide you with more information and references.

Are you in another servers' staff, if so where: Currently I am not, but I see this as a positive asset as I can dedicate all of my time to one single server.

Somebody's overusing capslock on the chat - what do you do: Ask this person to stop using caps lock (A warning), If this person persists (After multiple warnings, most likely 2) I'll temp mute him for an hour or so depending on the situation.

Somebody's begging for rankup - what do you do: I assume you guys mean a rankup as in getting a staff rank, so I would tell him that he can't just beg for a rank and that he should post an application on the forums. (If you meant a building related rank I'd inform him to use /modreq, where after I would take a look at his build and compare it to other people who are on his building-level to assess whether his build is worth the rank or not)

Something about yourself, it doesn't have to be long: I really like creative servers and designing stuff. I'm starting university next year majoring in civil engineering of architecture. And ... I enjoy playing the guitar from time to time.

Additional: Hi there mister forum-application-reader I hope you had a lovely read (sorry if it's a bit long, I got dragged away). Have a great day.

Ah I forgot to add for what exactly I'm applying. I'm applying for in-game moderator.

Your application has been approved for the Junior Moderator rank - congratulations!