• Welcome to Aliquam!
  • Recruitment is currently opened!
  • You can apply down below, in the "Applications" board.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: My Suggestions
Thread Modes
Wink 
Hello!

My name is Baymax1020, and I have been a player on Aliquam for 7 months and I love it! However, there are a few suggestions that I have which I think could make everyone’s experience here even better Big Grin (NOTE: This is not a rant. If you feel like I am dissing the server, I am very sorry.)

1./help
In the useful commands part, I think it would be nice to have other commands such as /effects and merging PRV chat commands. I didn’t even know these commands existed until I read through really old posts on the website.

2. Shop
The shop itself is very nice, however, I think the command should be changed from /help pricing to /shop if possible.

3. Worlds
I recently realized that when I went back to my world it said “You have been teleported to Baymax1020 world.” I think  “You have been teleported to Baymax1020’s world” would be nicer.

4. Mail
I personally think that the mail system needs an upgrade. I think it would be cool if you could do /mail and enter a clickable mail page where you can delete some mail that you don’t want, “Star” some messages, and even see when it was sent. I know it might be hard, but hopefully it’s possible Big Grin

5. Spawn
I recently read SquareEye’s post on spawn utilization and I think that it would be a good idea. I think having a compass to teleport to the “World of the week” would be cool. In this case,  the sightseeing section on /help should be removed

6. Building Examples
Just a quick one: AdvBuilder and Architect examples should be shown on the website.

And Finally….

7.DRAMA
Don’t get me wrong I love the staff that are on the server. However, I think that drama is a huge issue between staff and players. It is usually caused by a player being muted or kicked, then some players arguing it wasnt fair.  For example, once a player got kicked for language. I do agree with the staff’s choice in this situation. However, one player questioned the kick. The staff called it “drama” The player then argued that he was not doing drama, just saying a kick wasn’t fair. It then went back and forth, which caused the player to actually start drama. However, the staff did trigger this.
So….
I think the best option would be to ask the player to stop. If they keep on arguing about the last person’s ban/kick, they should then direct them to the staff reports section to put their case on the table. If they refuse, THEN I think a warn for drama would be needed.

Thank you so much for reading until the end of this. If you're Feriach or a developer, I am very sorry if this is a bit too much Tongue I hope you will consider my suggestions and that you like them.

Best regards,
Baymax1020

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! It is very valuable for us to get feedback from players, especially when the owners themselves have little to no time to poll players by themselves.

Ad 1. Chat merger will not be available in the newest version of the Chat plugin. I've personally tried to advertise it as much as possible in the past but ultimately scratched the idea because it wasn't used at all (only two players has merged their channels together). I am currently in an early development stage of a new solution that will be more popular, at least I think so. As for the /effects command, I don't remember if it's our internal command or rather an external one - if it's external, we don't add it in /help, and if it's internal, it probably is hidden somewhere in the /help.

Ad 2. I think it could be possible, I need to ask Castro first as he's the Shop developer.

Ad 3. That will be fixed in the newest update of the Worlds plugin.

Ad 4. The mail system is completely external (managed by the Essentials plugin developers) and it's a nice idea to make a new one, but unfortunately we barely have time to even respond for a constructive feedback like yours. I can't see it happening in the forseeable future and I'm very sorry for that - if we ever get fired from our work, I promise to do that! Smile

Ad 5. World of the Week would require us to get additional staff members who'd choose worthwhile worlds from thousands (yes, we actually have thousands of worlds right now!) of worlds. I think it would be a good idea to make a plugin for that, but again - we can't start development on new projects until we finish major internal plugins that are awaiting for completion for months now.

Ad 6. We cannot show AdvBuilder and Architect examples as there are too little of them and every AdvBuilder and Architect creation is judged independently by owners. 

Ad 7. I agree that staff may be oversensitive at this point, as players who complain about fair punishments happen all the time. I will instruct staff how they should react to that to not cause any unnecessary fights on the server, but sometimes it's inevitable to kick players who complain about it.

Thank you once again for your feedback and have a nice day!

Cheers, 
jeikobu__