• Welcome to Aliquam!
  • Recruitment is currently opened!
  • You can apply down below, in the "Applications" board.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Puzzling questions...
Thread Modes
Reading the 'Paradoxes' thread got me thinking about some of life's puzzling questions. What came first, the chicken or the egg? If you cut a piece of cake in half, and then cut that half in half, and that half in half, and so on, does it go on infinitely?
Let's discuss. 
If you have anymore, feel free to add. 

I'll start:
If you have a broom, and replace the handle of one broom one day, and then replace the brush of the broom the next, is it still the same broom? Huh

I ask this question with celebs who have so much plastic surgery done, at some point do they become a whole different person?

(06 Mar 2017, 02:10 AM)Takkita Wrote: I ask this question with celebs who have so much plastic surgery done, at some point do they become a whole different person?

I think that particular question relies upon the false conclusion that a person is entirely a physicality, we are all, I think, more than our flesh and fibres.

Believe it or not, theoretically, you can cut the cake in half; forever and ever. How you would do it is the question.

For your broom question, I'd go with a no; it's not the same broom because its two main pieces are not there anymore, just two new pieces. Tongue

You could cut it on the atomic level...cake bombs are delicious.

True, cake bombs are delicious, even though they flatten everything within a certain radius.
If you can take advantage of a situation in some way, it's your duty to do it. Why should everything  always be to the swift, or the jumble or the quick-witted? should they be allowed to win merrily because of the gifts god gave them? well i say "cheating is the gift man gives himself!"

I guess then what you're discussing is entropy, not division, really.

Anyone else wonders, "How do bus drivers leave the bus?"
[Image: adcATCy.jpg]

By the front door, there is a switch somewhere in front of the bus to open them up in the older ones and with the new ones they probably use a remote or something.
[Image: ALQBlackWF.svg]
Server Co-owner | Public Relations Manager

Contact me @ Discord: Feriach#5440