• Welcome to Aliquam!
  • Recruitment is currently opened!
  • You can apply down below, in the "Applications" board.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: NSFW channel
Thread Modes
Hey,

I read everything. I'm going to say that I dislike this idea. There's a few things wrong with this suggestion;

1) At the time of this post, the server is family friendly unless told otherwise. In my opinion, I believe that the server should remain family friendly. NSFW content certainly ruins that "family friendly" title.

2) "You are allowed to swear, be mean and abuse another player(s) verbally (To an extent)." Even with "to an extent" added in this sentence, there's so many issues with it alone. No matter what, there's always occasions when insults go too far and hurt someone's feelings. Yes, even to an extent. Having to create a list of words and subjects that have to be "blacklisted" seems like an unnecessary time consuming task for staff--and not for the better.

3) How can we know who is old enough to read the NSFW chat? Again, due to the nature of the server being 'family friendly', even if we were to create a "warning" message upon or before entering this chat, it would be a problem if young players found themselves in it.

TL;DR: This would bring more bad than good, and not only that; this would be much more work for all staff members in general. I also simply see no good reason in having a NSFW chat in a kid's game. It sounds like an idea that's about to turn into catastrophe just by saying that "you can be mean to someone as long as they're in that chat." If you want to use swears/cusses/curses, invite your friends to your world and use private chat--you can use that kind of language there.

I respectfully say no to your suggestion; in my opinion, this should definitely not happen.
Each block you place represents the drops of sweat you lost to build your masterpiece. -A snowman in Imagination City.

Messages In This Thread
NSFW channel - by Brycen - 14 Jul 2017, 11:33 PM
RE: NSFW channel - by ItsMrFlippy - 15 Jul 2017, 12:58 AM
RE: NSFW channel - by Baymax1020 - 15 Jul 2017, 01:04 AM
RE: NSFW channel - by Miki_chan456 - 15 Jul 2017, 02:12 AM