• Welcome to Aliquam!
  • Recruitment is currently opened!
  • You can apply down below, in the "Applications" board.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Dev Operations Manager
Thread Modes
(01 Jul 2016, 10:46 PM)jeikobu__ Wrote: [ Plugin Examples ]

I've looked briefly through your plugin examples and I am very happy that you have an interest in programming, however you don't have enough skills for us to work as a Developer. We are looking for developers with experience in Spigot/Bukkit API.. We are currently not interested in taking interns to our staff since we don't have time to teach other people.

As for networking and advertising, we are not currently looking for neither of positions.

[ Qualifications ]

You are mentioning that you're good in RAM usage optimalisation. Unfortunately, as far as I am concerned, your optimalisations will end on configuration changes on server and plugin side. Our optimalisations go as far as to having our own asynchronous world loader, which saves us tons of RAM. From your descriptions it seems that you're not as qualified in programming as we would like our devs to be.

Most of the skills you have (server management, networking, configurations, forum management) are tasks we would never trust a stranger with. These are the tasks we do rarely and are connected with high risk of breaking something and require us to give full access to our resources, which nobody except us has (and won't have).

I like the way you're trying to sell yourself... but I'm not buying. I'm sorry, but we can't take you with your developer skills as they are. Good luck on another servers.

Cheers,
jeikobu__
I highly respect and understand your decision. I am quite glad you responded. I might apply for a lower rank at a later date, but for now I wish you the best. :-)

Once again thank you for replying with respect rather than fire.

~Xeiver

Messages In This Thread
Dev Operations Manager - by ZPower - 01 Jul 2016, 09:19 PM
RE: Dev Operations Manager - by jeikobu__ - 01 Jul 2016, 10:46 PM
RE: Dev Operations Manager - by ZPower - 01 Jul 2016, 11:34 PM