• Welcome to Aliquam!
  • Recruitment is currently opened!
  • You can apply down below, in the "Applications" board.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Spawn Utilisation
Thread Modes
We have a new spawn, and I think we can all agree it's pretty damn fantastic, and it's creator, Dawid_G deserves applause for their creation.

This said, there is seldom need to go there beyond the initial 'oh there is a new spawn, let's have a look' which we've all now experienced and likely got over.

Now, we have a list of warps to showcase builds, this can be found under the help section as most of us are aware, and while useful, it doesn't really show off the quality of some of the products of this server as well as could be done.

I propose finding a way to use spawn beyond a landing point for new players while simultaneously allowing the server to show off the talent; use the bounty of vehicles at the spawn to transport players to builds of interest of quality on the server. It would boil down a player stepping onto, suppose, a boat at spawn and being transported to a dock in a player's build. Beyond being a nice gimmick, and a way to integrate players with the server a little more, it provides a degree of flexibility, a single ship may each week transport individuals to the build of the month, this would give players not only a reason to build with quality to 'rank up' but also to be featured on the 'physical front page' of Aliquam. It would also give cause for players to at least semi-regularly visit spawn and enjoy the fantastic build now there.

I'm not actually sure on the mechanics of this anymore, I do recall setting up a particular mod or plugin where one would simply walk within a defined area but I cannot remember what facilitated this.

Hopefully, this is of some help.

BW,

-JCAS

Nice and relatively simple to make thing. The only "but" is that people might not like to have to look for those teleportation zones all over the spawn. Maybe we could use a pop-up inventory or book menu with a list of "destinations" when you enter the ship next to the spawn?
[Image: ALQBlackWF.svg]
Server Co-owner | Public Relations Manager

Contact me @ Discord: Feriach#5440

That's an even better idea. I notice there's a small dock of a few small ships so you could have a 'featured builds' ship and a 'familiar' and 'builder' example ship too. Separate them by type.